Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gloomy Christmas


I can't remember how we celebrated Christmas 5 years ago, but what makes that Christmas memorable still even if I have a vague memory of it is that my family is at least complete and together we celebrate that special evening. It was that same Christmas as well that we had our very first huge Christmas tree, which my dad and mom bought from Divisoria for a very cheap price.

Anyway, the next three Christmas after that, we celebrated without our mom, and just last year without both my parents. That's because their busy working their butt outside the country. But at least on those incomplete special eve of the year, my brother don't forget to set up the blinking lights and of course the Christmas Tree. I used to cover and wrap fake gifts just to make the bottom of the Christmas Tree seems filled with happiness.


Each day of those 5 years was like independence day without our parents with us. Then on every Christmas day, one of my Christmas wish was to have my family back in a round table, and hope we can share the night eating all those yummy foods during Christmas eve! But I bet, Santa Claus can't afford what my parents want for our future. Yet, I never stop on dreaming, and believing.

This year, I left my two brothers 1 month before Christmas, and now we're even wrecked and mess up than before.

I don't want to ruined the season to be jolly! And actually I do love Christmas!! I'm not a Grinch, even if I can be for all this reasons. And that makes me ask myself why I even bother to start this post.  And maybe just because I need something to lead this poem I made:

I wrote to Santa Claus with glimmering eyes,
for next day I'll open a package, sure full of surprise!
But as I open my present, it is not there
instead a dozen of chocolate I can share.

It's been just like yesterday I'm a child who believe
that every wish list I make there's a probable gift.
However there's always a reason why Santa never did
gave me a bike as a Christmas treat.

The Santa is half the mom who makes my meal
and half the dad who pays the bill.
My mama and dadi never did afford
to buy me a single bike I wish to hold

My folks are all nothing but oh so weary
decided to bend just to make some money
Until then and later I believe
No cash of dollar did will ever make me happy

What they dashingly need to know was I'm all fulfilled
with the dozen of chocolate they had gave
It is not on my list but it was a pleasure.
It made me happy of what I think is forever




No comments:

Post a Comment

Anong meron?