|
**I've
been importing in this blog all of my previous posts from my old blogs. I
wanted to merge everything because I felt there is a sense of security in
doing so.
**This page right here was actually a blog post from my
late blog, BASKET OF
DREAMS, which I deleted a long time ago, but of course, I deleted the
blog itself but I never deleted my writings. I love all of the masterpieces I
made from the past, beautiful, ugly, good or bad writings will always be
kept! And I just decided today
(February 9, 2013) to publish again all of these masterpieces in one site!
Dates are preserved by the way.
|
I don't know if this is gonna be interesting, but still this is part of my 10 GOALS FOR 10 DAYS PROJECT, I have to search and visit the nearest library at our place, and I Googled it and found the Mission Branch Library.
I've never been in a library (seriously), but if school libraries are counted as library, oh yeah, maybe I've been from a library.
I can't call myself a book-wit, but sometimes I love reading books and what I sincerely know is that as long as it is within my interest, I can finish reading a book.
I can't call myself a book-wit, but sometimes I love reading books and what I sincerely know is that as long as it is within my interest, I can finish reading a book.
If this is boring for everyone, this is definitely a different and new experience for a Filipino like me. And a Filipino knows that in the Philippines, public libraries in towns are almost impossible.
I was happy and excited because I got to use my privileges, I surf the internet for free (which Asha told me about a month ago), I look around for fiction and non-fiction books and plus I saw police in action inside the library. (Not really much of an action though)
Anyway, you'll never guess how happy I was just walking around between those tall library shelves and just scanning all the books that catches my eyes... and my problem is that I really don't know what or which book to read.
The "Schizophrenia" word caught my eye and so I start from there, I tried scanning some books beside it about health care and diseases (because it's related to my course) and I was thinking maybe I should keep up with my study because I've been a jobless and unproductive for quite some time, but I don't know... I think I need something relaxing too to read.
Then parallel to that shelves are about drawing, painting, photography, music and stuff like that... but I just wanna read and enjoy. And if ever I want to learn anything right now, it would be speaking fluently in English. (I mean you may say my writing is pretty okay, but try talking to me).
Because I'm a Filipino and technically an alien here in CA, I'm always having a hard time communicating and expressing my feelings, and I'm always caught in a situation where I just stared at another person because he speaks too fast and I can't understand what he's trying to tell me or what he's talking about. Or sometimes people will just totally misunderstood what I'm really talking about. Like this onetime, I told someone I'm chilling!! and she thought I mean relaxing or something, but what I really want to say is that I'm freezing!! So practically, if people will just misunderstand me, then I will shut up instead.
| These are the three books I check-out with Nicholas Sparks on the top. |
Then I scanned the first pages of the first book and I found few tips about, "How to Become a Better Writer", and yeah, the first tip was to develop your own vocabulary by reading a variety of authors. Then I look for any fiction books I can read, and I saw Nicholas Parks, I mean Sparks.
That's it. I scanned those books at the scan-your-own-book-brother!!-check-out-machine and waited for my step-dad to fetch me out of the library.
Anyways, what I just basically love about reading books is that they inspire people internally. And I know you'll agree with me when I say, there's a lot more in books than on TV.
Well, I might wanna end this lousy project of mine, because I need to read my books, I only have 3 weeks, chop chop!
PS: I forgot to tell you about the police action!! So, there was this one vacant sit for this computer, and I had to ask these two guys sitting in front of another computer who's both trying to figure out something on what they are doing, then I asked them if there was someone using that vacant computer, and they were surprise but casually answer that there was no one.
So, actually I tried to enter my library card number, but unfortunately, someone had locked and reserved that computer, so I end up at the express lane, where you can only use it for 15 mins. That's no problem at all, because I'm just gonna print out those forms my mom was asking for and my application for a store I'm applying to.
So anyway, your asking WHERE THE HECK IS THE POLICE ACTION IN THERE??? I know!!! This is already my third paragraph about it!! I'm crazy!! So, as I was waiting at one table in peace, these policemen entered, and I couldn't really see where they are going to, until they return back and in my surprise, the 2 guys I just talked to are like arrested or something. And I got goose bumps for a while, WHAT THE HECK!! I JUST SPOKE TO THOSE CRIMINALS!! Jeez, lucky me, they didn't stab me or something.
So lastly, please recommend any books that you loved and I'm glad to look for them the next time I visit the nearest library in town!! Chao!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Anong meron?