Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Running with Scissors


**I've been importing in this blog all of my previous posts from my old blogs. I wanted to merge everything because I felt there is a sense of security in doing so.

**This page right here was actually a blog post from my late blog, BASKET OF DREAMS, which I deleted a long time ago, but of course, I deleted the blog itself but I never deleted my writings. I love all of the masterpieces I made from the past, beautiful, ugly, good or bad writings will always be kept! And I just decided today (February 9, 2013) to publish again all of these masterpieces in one site! Dates are preserved by the way.



I just finished reading Running with Scissors. Yes reading. There was a movie about this one, but I haven't watch it yet. I am a magnet for cheap books, and saw this and randomly felt that I have a need to read through it. It was weird, reading this book. I am asking myself how come this become a memoirs? I mean, I'll be in trauma if ever I will be experiencing whatever is written here.

But I still love the book and I like Augusten Burroughs (the author) for his freaky way of sharing his memory. I actually first thought that it was titled Running with Scissors because the story might contain some riskiness or adventure. But the book surprise me more than that expectation.

On the story, I couldn't say I was on the same boat with him, but I make myself available to anything I want in life. I mean, my parents are away, I'm left with my brothers at home, pretty sure I could do a lot of things without my parents knowing and even without my brothers knowing. I used to live in a dormitory, I handle my own time and my own pace.

I'm not encouraging a thought that is wrong here, which may lead to regrets and failures later. My friends call it LUCKY though, because I can go home late if want to without having someone to shout at me (till I'm deaf). I can do anything, it's like a power because I have no parents to kick my butt whenever I will do something wrong. They say I'm fortunate, I say, you'll never know what your missing until you don't have it anymore.

Don't misunderstood either, my parents are alive and kicking and I want them to stay the same, but it is just that they are too away from us that they can't even guide us anymore. I don't blame them though.

Growing without a parent to guide you through life is a big part of the story that really caught me. He said, "The problem with not having anybody to tell you what to do, I understood, is that there was nobody to tell you what NOT to do."

Burroughs said, "So why did we feel so trapped? Why did I feel like I had no options in my life when it seemed that options were the only thing I DID have?"

My life has it's own missing link, a part that will only be completed if I will have my whole family back. If that will ever happen. At the end I'll say, I have no regrets for something good has came out of having my parents gone a while, and it's me being independent. I had a lot of opportunity in front of me to grow and submerge into this world, and I'm thankful for all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anong meron?