Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Choosing SIMPLICITY

**I've been importing in this blog all of my previous posts from my old blogs. I wanted to merge everything because I felt there is a sense of security in doing so.

**This page right here was actually a blog post from my late blog, BASKET OF DREAMS, which I deleted a long time ago, but of course, I deleted the blog itself but I never deleted my writings. I love all of the masterpieces I made from the past, beautiful, ugly, good or bad writings will always be kept! And I just decided today (February 9, 2013) to publish again all of these masterpieces in one site! Dates are preserved by the way.


There is really no contentment in life, and I know that. I admit that sometimes I am over wishing for some changes in my life, some changes in my family and a lot of changes for myself. But, it is just that I can't change reality! Therefore, the only option I could choose is to move forward, learn from the past and believe things have reasons for being the way it is.

They say that if you base your contentment to material things in life, you will never be contented, because human's desire for material things is never ending.

When I was younger, I believed that I should be contented with my life at any cost or any way. But then, I realized, if ever I will reach that satisfying contentment of this life, what then will I do afterwards? If that will happen, I will have no reasons to live anymore! I will have no things or events to look forward to as well! My life will stop right there and then, cause I'm already happy and satisfied! Learning or growing? I don't need that anymore, I'm satisfied! Everything is enough. And then what comes next?

See my point? Isn't it the rule of life is to never stop from learning? If life is easy, then it is dull. We have to keep on moving forward, regardless of the wrong decisions that we always make.

Another rule is keeping your life simple. Remember when your taking exams in school and you don't mind getting either high or low, and your just not expecting anything. But then, you received A+! And you felt happy about it telling yourself, I'm a genius damn! When you expect to much to what life (or people) could give you, and you didn't receive that level of your expectation, you feel down, right?

Contentment may not be attained, but simplicity can be.
And simplicity makes happiness much attainable. That includes finding happiness to little or small things around us.

Hope you find a simple but meaningful reason to be happy today!
Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anong meron?