Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Movie Marathon (Part 2)

**I've been importing in this blog all of my previous posts from my old blogs. I wanted to merge everything because I felt there is a sense of security in doing so.

**This page right here was actually a blog post from my late blog, BASKET OF DREAMS, which I deleted a long time ago, but of course, I deleted the blog itself but I never deleted my writings. I love all of the masterpieces I made from the past, beautiful, ugly, good or bad writings will always be kept! And I just decided today (February 9, 2013) to publish again all of these masterpieces in one site! Dates are preserved by the way.


Ehem.

When I was in San Diego with my cousins, we planned to watch a movie, I was dying to watch Tangled or Burlesque by that time, because I'm dead serious on my undying love for Christina Aguillera, but my cousins wanna watch Harry Potter, and so we ended up watching it. And that's why I'm thrilled to give this review to you guys.

Tangled. It is basically the fairy tale story of Rapunzel, only with more vivid details and whatever. So the main character was of course Rapunzel and the prince who is named Flynn Rider. Actually Flynn Rider was not a prince, he was actually a thief.

What I love about the movie is that it's funny! Yeah it is for me if it is not for you! I also love that Rapunzel was such a nice daughter to the witch and that she paints and bake and whatever. I love that it was somehow adventure like. I love that they fall in love with each other not because she was save from the tower and I love the floating lanterns!
My favorite line? The Song! I love the song they were singing during that moment on the flying lanterns, and that line on the song: "All at once, everything is different, now that I see you."

Burlesque. I said it, I love Christina Aguillera that's why I watched this. The story is about a girl from Iowa who wants to fulfill her dreams to be a singer. Well she find this beautiful lounge bar where the artist are performing Burlesque. Burlesque is a very unique theatrical performance that is exaggerated and with a mix of comic skits, earthly humor and sometimes with a shot of striptease. He falls in love with this guy, Jack, a bartender at that bar. Her boss was Tess, the lady at the left of this picture.

What I love about the movie is the performance, there were a lot of performance. I also like the idea that living your dreams in reality. Although I don't recommend this to conservative people.

Best line for me: “When you’re putting on your makeup it’s like you’re an artist but instead of painting a canvas you’re painting your face.” and “If you fall off the stage, leg extended, boobs out.” All spoken by Tess.

Love & Other Drugs. This story is not about smoking marijuana. Jamie (who is played by Jake Gyllenhal) who become a medical representative for Pfyzer. There he met this girl Maggie (Anne Hathaway) who has a Parkinson's Disease. Jamie here was a kind of guy that everybody wants, and Maggie is a little bit wasted and stuff. So you know it, they fall in love with each other of course.

What I love about the movie is not that they have a lot of sexy and romantic scenes, but the idea of LOVE and that sometimes people change for the better when they fall in love. I also don't recommend this to conservative people. I mean seriously, there were a lot of sexy scenes.

Best line for me: "There's a lot I dont understand about life you meet thousands of people and meet one person and your life has change."

That's all guys!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anong meron?