Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Adobo Gamboo

**I've been importing in this blog all of my previous posts from my old blogs. I wanted to merge everything because I felt there is a sense of security in doing so.

**This page right here was actually a blog post from my late blog, BASKET OF DREAMS, which I deleted a long time ago, but of course, I deleted the blog itself but I never deleted my writings. I love all of the masterpieces I made from the past, beautiful, ugly, good or bad writings will always be kept! And I just decided today (February 9, 2013) to publish again all of these masterpieces in one site! Dates are preserved by the way.


Honestly I don't know to cook a lot of dishes and meals. I'm a hassler at frying eggs, but cooking dinner? Uhhmm.. I doubt. So when I was in my senior in high school, and my mom have to work abroad, I figure out I need to learn something. Something other than frying eggs.

So today I'm gonna share you a Filipino cuisine I love to cook. The first time I cook this viand, my brother teased me, yeah! because it end up so wrong. You might just wanna try it out someday.

It's ADOBO. My step-father calls it GAMBOO.. but I don't know why... It's chicken cooked in soy sauce.

All you need is:

1/2 Kilo Chicken (cut in portion and parts as you desire)
2-3 potatoes (cubed)
1 onion (minced or cut on strips or circles)
3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 cup soy sauce

1 hour before I cook I actually marinade my chicken parts in 1 cup soy sauce plus I squizzes some lemons . Poke your chicken with forks before setting it aside.



1. First heat your sauce pan. You can use a deeper pan if you have a lot of chicken and potatoes to cook. Mid heat only. Grease your pan with 2 tbs spoon of oil.
2. Saute your minced garlic and onions. Then add the chicken I marinade, but leave the soy sauce behind. I actually don't put water on it, I just let it be, but you can actually add 2 cups of water on it. That helps to know if the chicken is already tender. I actually go for 15 minutes each side of the chickens.
3. 5 to 10 minutes before I finish simmering, I add the soy sauce from the maranade, add the potatoes. Season it with salt and pepper.

That's all and it's done. You can also add sugar on it if you want or better yet add some pineapples and that will be totally delicous!!! I actually dress my adobo with onions circles on top and don't forget to serve it with rice!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anong meron?