Spilling the bin about living-in
I don't believe I have to tell this story to a lot of people, but I never hid the truth that now I'm living with my boyfriend at their house. I don't know if this should be called "living-in" because I'm not living alone with him, I'm living in with his family. They welcomed me with most respect as if I was part of the family and that truly give joy to my heart.
I never consider this decision with my Mom, but I did with my best friends. I know that in Pinoy, it's a taboo to live with partners prior to marrying them. I'm not gonna push you to believe that I have the right reasons for doing so, I'm just gonna tell you this story because its a story of my life.
Me living with my boyfriend, I guess, is the biggest issue I ever had in my life. Although no one has ever told me, I assumed that people had already talked about me. But I was happy and I have no regrets so far in doing this so.
God really have this funny love for me because I always have answered prayers, whenever and wherever! Not that in this story I prayed to be with Maykel and suddenly *poof* it was answered. Of course not, my prayer has nothing to do with him.
I made a prayer to Him and I ask Him to please bring my family together in a round table. I was always dreaming of a complete family living a simple life together. I want to enjoy the moment, to live a LIFE. That's what I always tell my Mom while living with her abroad. We can live a happy life without a lot of money, by living together that is. I never ask my parents to go abroad, but they probably thought it was the best idea. I would be willing to live a simple life away from this materialistic chaos of life! Living simple, that would be the LIFE for me *with a big grin in my face*.
But of course, my parents have another idea of a successful life. I now will tell you that I will not argue with them about their decision nor tell them that they had the most tragic idea ever! They are my parents and they just want the best for me. I'm not in the best position to disrespect them now nor ever complain.
Our family had drifted apart slowly and we continued to drift away from each other as time goes, that's what I knew after going abroad. I always cry whenever I thought about the day I prayed for a round table with them. I cry maybe because I assumed that it will never be possible enough in the mere future.
But never in my mind did I think that God is setting me aside just because every situation to make our family more broken than ever, happens. I just keep quiet, felt sad, and prayed for more strength.
Finally after arriving home, setting myself with my boyfriend's family, living with him and with them, I realize something. That God already answered the prayer I've been rooting for. To have a simple family. To eat together with them, to laugh with them, and watch TV and movies with them. I have little sisters and brothers, and grandmas and grandpas and some sister same my age. I have parents waiting for me to come home when I'm late from school or someone to ask where the hell did I go, or did I already eat or I'm feeling unwell and so on.
That was all provided by Maykel's family, they became my second family. I was delayed to realize that, but when I did, I cried.
I was making jokes in my head that God was like whispering, "Oh yan! Di ka makatulog eh, yan na! Para lang maging masaya ka! Di kita matiis di ba? Just keep rooting for your own family, mabubuo din kayo, pero madami pa akong plano para sa inyong lahat, kaya for the mean time, ito muna!"
I know my Mom might read this and say, "Ah ganun? May iba ka palang family ah!" with one eye brow spreading up. But, I hope she's happy that I'm in good hands while completing my degree here in the Philippines.
I may say, this circumstances really thought me a lot. The missing piece of having a family is now complete, and now I'm ready to move on to another step of my life. That is to plan for my family's happiness. I know our family has been long broken and there are a lot of trial that my family had gone through, but I'm ready to bring the best for my Mom, to forgive my Dad and to help my brothers. I'm ready to bring our family back together. It will not be soon, but it will.
I think if I never had gone through on this process, I will never be able to move on on pitying my family's situation.
I hope I could thank Maykel enough for caring for me, for giving everything I wanted and needed, for giving all the comfort and love he can truly give, for making me laugh and for making me happy and happier each day. Without his family, I will not have all this realization. The comfort that his family is sharing with me has given me the most sincere happiness no one could truly imagine. You see, Maykel has nothing to do with my prayer, but he was part of the answer and for that I love you bhe. <3
I will never be ashamed to tell you this story, because on the first place, I never done this decision with a motive to hurt anybody and I think that is important.
And Second, because this open my eyes to different realization.
My family had became one of the most complicated family ever. Before this realization, I always focus on the bad side of it, that my family has no hope and that we are down to troubles and there will be more troubles to come. But the missing piece that completed me now lead me to believe that whatever circumstances my family might encounter in the mere future, the key on solving it, is loving them and I am out of the blind and now focus on loving them.
And of course, thank you God! <3
**********
wow..
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of "living-together-before-marriage" but of course, I respect you, kamila.. :)
I don't know what to say.. maybe because we have different views about things..
Each of us dreams to have a happy family. Sino nga bang hindi? but sometimes, the family that can make you happy isn't yours.. tama? Madalas, merong mga bata na nasasaktan lang sa sariling pamilya, kaya mas gugustuhin pang makasama ang isang pamilya kung saan ramdam nya ang pagmamahal..
Kamil.. I wish you well. This is your decision.. and if it makes you happy, I guess.. there's nothing really wrong with that.
Though I hope.. you could settle kung ano man ang hostile feelings (kung meron man..) towards your mom. :)
Good luck!!! :D #HUGS
@Leah I actually don't have anything against my mom... okay na ko sa kung ano man nangyayari sa family namin... I had accepted all of it and I'm ready to move on.. :)
ReplyDeleteThis made me cry a little, but i tried not to react cause you might caught me ( im here beside you while reading this).
ReplyDeleteBroken, torn apart, lost souls and even death - it's going to be worse before it gets better. Remember "hope and faith lead to a well end" :)
grabe napaluha naman ako sa mga nabasa, naisip ko tuloy ang dalaga kong anak, but anyway I'm happy for you kamil, minsan may mga tanong tayo sa Diyos na hindi natin alam kung sinagot na ba tayo or what, pero ang mahalaga dito, kung ano ang nais ng Diyos, (kaligayahan spiritually) eh yun na yun!
ReplyDeleteIngat!
ooowww so touching naman nito....
ReplyDelete@Jheng Love u bes
ReplyDelete@Kiko Talaga kuya kiko? Thank you for being happy for me... :)
@Ate ko Ate iya.. thank you!