Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Baguio and Manaoag Itinerary

BAGUIO and MANAOAG ITINERARY
11:00 PM
Departure from Manila
P445.00 (Bus ticket)
5:00 AM (The following Day)
Arrival in Baguio

5:15 – 6:00 AM
Check-in to a hotel or transient house
Minimum: P1500
6:00 – 6:30 AM
First stop: Baguio Cathedral

6:30 – 7:00 AM
Roam along Session Road

7:00 – 8:00 AM
Breakfast: Café by the Ruins
Minimum: P150 – P300
8:00 – 8:30 AM
Botanical Garden
Picture taking with the ethnic in the main entrance is an option.
I don’t know how much it cost.
8:30 – 9:00 AM
The Mansion

9:00 – 9:30 AM
Wright Park
Horse ride: P200 – P300
9:30 – 10:30 AM
Mines View Park
St. Bernard Picture: P50
Ethnic costume Picture: P10
Horse ride picture: P10
10:30 – 11:00 AM
Good Shepherd
Buy some pasalubong
11:00 AM
Go back to your hotel and leave your pasalubongs or rest for a while

12:00 – 2:00 PM
Lunch: Good Taste Restaurant
P200 – P450 (4  person)
2:00 – 3:00 PM
PMA

3:00 – 5:30  PM
Camp John Hay
Butterfly Sanctuary: P40

5:30 - 6:00 PM
Go back to city proper
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Stroll around Burnham Park
Boating: P100
7:00 PM
Dinner: Sizzling Plate Baguio
Minimum: P300
8:00 – 9:00 PM
Stroll around Session road
Buy pasalubong in Maharlika

9:00 PM
Go back to your hotel to rest for the night

7:00 AM (The next day)
Breakfast
Minimum: P300
8:00 AM
Tam – Awan Village
Entrance: P50.00
9:00 AM
Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto

10:00 AM
Go back to your hotel to get your things

11:00 AM
Check out of your hotel
Eat Lunch
Minimum: P300

Ride a bus to Manaoag
Bus fair: P80 – P85
1:00 PM
Arrive in Manaoag
Pray, light a candle, go to the garden
Candles: P4.00 – P9.00 each
(buy inside the church)
3:00 PM


4:00 PM
Eat early dinner so you will not be hungry on your way home.

Ride a bus home (Bus stops at the right side of the Municipal City Hall)
Bus go there until before 6:00 PM
Bus fair: P300 – P400






As promise, I will make an itinerary that hopefully will be helpful for someone researching their next trip to Baguio. Articles like this was very helpful to us when we were still planning, so I would want to make my part as well. If you want to read more of what happened to me and my boyfriend during our travel in Baguio, you can always read this: A Trip to Thank for.

This itinerary I made highly depends on the mode of transportation that you will prefer. Of course, it will always be better if you will have your own car. If you want, you can also find a taxi cab that will be willing to tour you around the place for a fair cost. I actually found a manong who has an offer of P1500 for the whole day. I found him waiting at The Mansion for actual tourist. I don't know where else we can find other taxi rents though.

Also, I suggest to rent a transient house or hotel because it is difficult to tour around places with your back packs with you. But if you have a car or rented a taxi, you can always leave your things on it, too.

Me and my boyfriend actually ride a jeepney for our transportation. Minimum cost of jeepney there is P8.50, except for route to PMA which I think cost us around P14 - P15. The technique we have is that when it's time to go back to the city proper, we ride a taxi cab, that way, we wouldn't spend a lot of money riding taxi cab alone. Taxi drivers are very cool in Baguio because they give change (kahit piso pa yan) and meter starts at P35.00 which is cheaper compare in Manila.

Maybe this worked for us because there are only two of us. We thought that if there is a whole barkada who will do this, it will be too exhausting. And also, if you will have grannies and kids along, it will also be too tiring for them.

You can always ride a jeepney to Botanical Garden (terminal is found at Mabini St. along Session road), and walk your way to Wright Park and to The Mansion. The route between The Mansion and Mines View Park is too distant away, so you really need to ride a jeep again to get there. Me and my boyfriend tried it, and we were very exhausted! We were reminded that we still have a lot in our itinerary and it is important to save energy.

We also ride a jeepney to PMA, it was the farthest place we've been to in Baguio. The jeepney is called KIAS-PMA, and you have to ride this because it is the jeepney that will get you inside the PMA proper itself. You need I.D. to get inside the place, so make sure you have one. The jeepney driver will let you off on the waiting area inside PMA and you will see the PMA museum there instantly. You can always roam around the PMA, you can even ride a jeepney if you want to go to other specific places.

Then jeepneys come and go in the waiting area, so we ride again that same jeepney to Camp John Hay. Camp John Hay is a really big place. I suggest you find a cab to get you to places there, cause the road is up and down and it is really exhausting to walk. Look for the History Core and walk there to find The Liberty, The Bell Ampitheater, Bell House, Cemetery of Negativism and The Butterfly Sanctuary. You will also find places to eat there. We are supposed to eat there, but I can't find the one I researched to, the Little Johns and I'm already exhausted, so instead we ride a taxi cab back to the city proper and stroll in Burnham park.

In Burnham Park, there are a lot of activity to do there. You can ride a bike, or rent a roller blades, or go boating. It is really nice to ride the boat at night, specially if you are couples like me and my boyfriend. You can sit in the park there and just people watch.

You can also stroll around Maharlika, found at the lower part of Session Road, which I think a place where you can find cheaper pasalubongs and souvenirs. After that you can always have dinner to good places in Baguio. Good Taste Restaurant is really fine for groups of people and very affordable, too. Their Buttered Chicken and Chopsuey are famous. And we also found a restaurant along Session Road which is The Sizzling Plate Baguio. Their best seller according to them is the Australian Rib-Eye, it is a tenderloin, and it was very delicious!

In Baguio, you will also find several places there that says, "CLEAN COMFORT ROOM". It is very convenient for me, even if I need to pay for P5.00 every time I need to go there because, it is clean, of course. Also, the people in Baguio is very approachable since we constantly need to ask directions for places because we literally don't know anything about Baguio. It is really nice if you will have a friend who will tour you in Baguio, that will be very convenient! And don't thoroughly plan your trip because it will ruin the thrill. But, please, if you researched a place that you really wanted to go to, please research it carefully. Cause sometimes there are people who are not familiar with other places. Like for us, we really wanted to go to Oh My Gulay, and I didn't get the address for it, and we already ask to taxi cab driver if they knew the place and so, we were disappointed that we were not able to go there. Good thing, Sizzling Plate Baguio was there, so it was highly compensated! Hehe!

We made plans to go to Tam-awan and Lourdes Grotto, but it was Panagbenga when we went there, so we just attended the Panagbenga on our second day. Then we ride a bus to Manaoag after our lunch. After you pray inside the church, you can also fall in line on that place where you can hold and pray Mama Mary, Our Lady of Manaoag (I'm not sure what it is really called). We also wrote our petitions before we left that room because I can remember that me and my mom do that when I was a kid. Then we light our candles which we bought for P4.00 each and you can also walk on the rosary garden they have in there (I think it was newly renovated). Before we left Manaoag, we had our early dinner so that we won't be hungry on the ride and then we waited for a bus on the right side of the city hall. They say, buses routed to Manila still goes there at around 6:00 pm.

I think we arrive in Manila at around 10:00 PM, and don't worry, there will always be bus stops along the way, so you can pee or buy snacks as well. There! I hope this help someone who will be planning their next trip to Baguio. (:
**********

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anong meron?