One thing me and my Mom have in common is that we like doing things our way. The problem is her way and my way would always contradict each other. We are and will always be the opposite of each other.But if I will base how good or bad our relationship from this, it will be unfair to the world for it is not uncommon for a Mother-daughter relationship to have a game of tag-of-war ever so often.
My Mom had tried several times to decide for my life. She have to decide for my college, my course, my school, and most of the time, the kind of lotion I should use. And you know what? She did succeed with all her attempts to draw my life to the direction she wants it to go. As much as I hate to admit it, but I became a better person due to all of her decisions for me.
It was never easy for her bringing up a villain like me. My mom gets crazy mad of my wonderful idiotic ideas. So even if she tried so hard to stir my life, I was (am) a stubborn. She rather hit her head against the wall than to stop me with my madness.
She decided to shut-up and let me be. Not that she was not a bit scared when I was about to try my first fly out of the nest, but I appreciate that she surrendered during that time and gave me the chance to experience to run with scissors.I was able to do whatever I want to do. I had a chance to experience my life's adventure and also a chance to experience every stupidity, every mistake and every little consequences of my decisions. All of these gave me a room to grow to be the person I am today, and I am thankful about that.
I am especially thankful that while I was on it, my Mom never shut her front door and remained it opened for her prodigal children.
Regardless if I'm spoiled like that, I have a BSN by the way. Partly, I still believe I grew-up to be a very mature person (I hope). I have a good job at this time. I am still not married nor have any kids, and my life is pretty decent compare to others! So, I guess my Mom did a good job not suffocating me too much.When she migrated here in California, I was mad. I felt unhappy with my family apart. In the end, I know her sacrifices are intended to make a better future for me and my brothers. Sadly, my Mom needs to support me and my siblings until now. I know it has been a very difficult journey for her, that she gets frustrated about the struggles helping us out, but still she does her part not to let us suffer too much.
I just hope someday I can lift this burden from her and hopefully I'm able to provide her the breezy easy life she deserves.My Mom also never fails to make me feel special. I was like a baby cuddled and smothered when we first reunited in 2010 after being apart for 4-5 years. Even now, every time I go to her place, I honestly regressed and became a disabled child.
My Mom gave her best to give the good life to us, the good life she never experienced as a young Evelyn. We actually live a life pretty grand as a kid and I am thankful for that.

Today, I am also thankful whenever I see her pictures. She looks pretty and it shows that she is in a better place right now than she was before. I'm proud of her accomplishments because I know she worked really hard to attain it. She worked hard to be where she is right now and she deserves every penny from her pay check.
Now, all I want for my Mom is to be happy because I read somewhere that happy people are genuinely pretty people. Not that I'm saying she's not, but I want to continuously hear her laugh, crack up and loosen up with life.
I want her to continue to appreciate where she's at and to be optimistic to where she will be.
I want her to choose joy against anger, and to keep choosing it every single day of her life.

One of the few moments I can't forget, just recently, is her laugh after she agreed to take a jump shot at the Flower Fields at Carlsbad. You would know that for a sec there, she was laughing so hard that all her teeth (even gums) were showing out of genuine happiness. That's the kind of laughter I would love to hear over and over again.
Love you Mama. Just want to let you know you are not just acknowledge just because it's Mother's Day today, but remember that you will always be appreciated for all the efforts you have done for us. And most importantly, I hope you know that the love you are investing to us everyday will absolutely make a difference someday. Hmwuah! I love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Anong meron?